Friday, March 22, 2013

Editorial

Oh it's only a _______________!!!!


I hear the fearful hum of over four thousand ultrasound machines in one country alone heralding the wanton murder of over half the children conceived and thus investigated. I lay crying on the hillside exposed, unkempt and undressed---now silent. I grow among families who deceive my trusting eyes and countenance subjecting me to such abuse that even the Sovereign Creator noted the unspeakable offense and His awesome detailed punishment. I must wait patiently among my peers to be chosen-- hopeful for an endearing, even committed love, unconditional consideration, peace, safety and protection, hope, joy, even comfort; all of which are requested if not demanded of me, and many times rarely received or returned.

I toil night and day as expected, rearing, teaching, and tolerating infantile, immature, and inappropriate behavior from children as well as adults in societies that have never heard of, nor understood the concept of "headship in the family," let alone the passe qualities of discipline, leadership, accountability, character, and integrity, to name only a few. Soon after, I am left in fear to forage alone forcing me to compromise for life itself and that of my children.

Regrettably, I have had to equally accomplish every position of employment in the world, though woefully foreign to both my call and choice. My name is even destined by convention to be lonely by divorce, the so-called empty nest, or death of my spouse. If I am allowed to live, I die yet alone unfortunately possessing that which I despise and others desire, exclusive of myself. Yet, I am greatly desired and maintained throughout my entire existence by my gracious Saviour, Jesus Christ, who snatched me up out of the morass of evil to which his beloved are exposed. I am an infant girl, a virgin, a young maiden, a lover, a wife, a mother. I am a woman, chosen and created by my Creator for His perfect will.

1 comment:

  1. The lullaby taught by Aaron (14) to Lucia (8)from the libretto in Act I Scene 2 of "Liebe Macht Frei" a Grand Opera in three acts and nine scenes as he overhears her coaxing her "baby dolly" to sleep:

    You cannot command a baby to sleep
    But lull her with quiet and song
    She will close her eyes in slumber so deep
    Held fast by arms made strong
    Carrying the weight of God's Scriptures
    night and day
    In practice as well as in thought
    By mothers and fathers obedient to say
    "I'll teach you what I was taught."


    This is the lullaby sung to me
    I'll remember it until I die.
    Some day I'll sing it to my own baby
    With my true love standing by
    And share the secrets of a mothers prayer
    In keeping with Jewish tradition
    Forever faithful, always there
    Behind me in quiet petition

    "When your eyes are open
    True light is dim,
    But slumber brings clarity
    And quiet within.

    Busyness worries and cares
    Of the day
    All hinder God's message
    So now let us pray.

    Oh God of our fathers
    To this child bring sleep
    And into Thy bosom
    Forever to keep.

    So, close your lids gently
    With peace from above
    And wake from your rest
    And walk in God's love.


    Tell me now, tell me true
    Did that song work for you?
    Did you sleep every time?
    I wish I knew such a rhyme

    If you teach me what those
    pretty words say,
    It will be a secret I will
    never betray.
    We can be friends, you can
    use my bat.
    Why do you wear that little hat?

    P.J. Hereford -1999

    ReplyDelete